If you’ve come across this article, you may have a hard time limiting the time you spend online browsing your friends’ accounts and reading posts.
It is time for you to stop it. We’ve put together the best apps to help you do this. The main principle of registered applications is to block social networks.
By the way, if you are trying to spend less time looking at your smartphone screen, make sure you check out 11 Free Apps to Reduce Your Screen Time (Android & iOS).
Most of the apps are available on the App Store, as well as on Google Play for free.
In this fast and technologically advanced world, we have to hold on to our smartphones and spend hours looking at screens or listening to voicemails.
However, such a lifestyle is easily addictive. This is why we need a digital detox.
With Offtime, this can be very easy. The only thing you need is to download the application. Then you just press the ‘start’ button and enjoy your time.
There are 3 basic functions available for free:
- You can set a specific time period. In these hours or minutes, your smartphone will not distract you from the things that are more important to you.
- Set a specific exact date if you need it.
- Cancel your Offtime period anytime.
Still, this is only the basic version. You can always become a PRO and explore advanced functions. You can schedule more than one break, for example.
What’s more, you can create multiple blocking accounts so you can block incoming calls, certain apps, notifications, and everything else you don’t want to see.
The PRO version will cost you $ 0.99. However, you can easily do without it – all the basic options are free with ads.
Break time is available on the App Store, as well as on Google Play.
This is the best distraction blocking app. It was created to help you concentrate on the goals that are important to you right now.
Freedom is packed with functions.
The main feature of this app is that you can manage different apps, websites or social networks that you don’t want to disturb.
There are 5 cool functions provided by Freedom:
- Freedom will cover all types of devices. You can use it on your smartphone, tablet or computer.
- Block notifications you don’t want to see. You can set the range of social media apps which you want to ignore for some time.
- It is possible to block the Internet itself – this will be great if you dream about total peace.
- You can enjoy syncing across all your devices – no need to create a new account or struggle with complex setups.
This application supports multitasking perfectly. What’s more, the app is completely customizable according to your needs.
Another cool thing about Freedom is its size. Even though it is packed with functions, it is a little over 16 MB in size.
However, the app is not free. It has a basic version but a very limited set of options.
If you want to enjoy all functions, go premium, and buy a subscription. It costs $ 6.99 per month and $ 29.99 per year.
Freedom is available for Android, as well as iOS users.
This app is aimed at breaking your bad habit of spending hours online instead of studying, working or spending time with your family.
If you find that your destructive habits are ruining your life, you need to download SPACE.
In order to overcome your addiction, you need to take 3 important steps:
- Create a profile where the app will store information about you and your goals. The progress will also be there.
- Set your goals. You can also set the time you want to spend without seeing notifications and checking posts. You can lock the entire application if you want.
- Analyze your progress. If you fail at something, that’s also a good result, because you’ll know what you need to concentrate on next time.
This app has a very high rating for its efficiency, friendly interface, and minimal distraction.
For example, on the App Store, this app has a rating of 4.3 out of 5.
By the way, if you want to limit your communication time, make sure you check out the 12 Best Call Blocking Apps for iPhone & Android.
You can get SPACE there and on Google Play Market too.
There are advertisements and some in-app purchases. However, basic items are free of charge.
If you’ve never used that type of app, then Flipd is for you. It has a fairly simple interface and a friendly community.
In general, Flipd hides notifications that often appear out of nowhere, especially when we’re talking about social media.
It’s no wonder you always get distracted from things that really matter to you.
It’s time to change! With this application, you will get access to the following functions:
- Flexible and simple schedule. Set up blockers whenever you want to stay out of the way.
- Take on monthly challenges. They are always different and tough. Try to prove to yourself that you can get better.
- Time tracker. This is a very useful feature that allows you to view and analyze where you are wasting your valuable time. For example, it is possible to set up a social media blocker.
- Graphics and schematics. This method of presenting information has proven to be the most efficient. Make sure you give it a try.
- Close community. If you’re lacking motivation, you can turn to this group of people – they’ll motivate you when needed.
- Goal setting system. Use it to achieve multiple goals at once.
Flipd is free with ads and in-app purchases. You can get it on Google Play, as well as on the App Store.
The StayFree app is not that different from the other apps mentioned on the list.
It aims to increase self-control and discipline. The main function of StayFree is an application blocker. It is traditionally used to limit screen time on social media.
So, you can increase your productivity by using the following functions:
- A great time usage tracker that is fully customizable according to your needs. There are 5 great themes available.
- If you want to block Instagram, Twitter, or any other type of social media, do so with blocker.
- The time usage tracker presents information via a pie chart. This can be a great way to visualize your progress and analyze your failures.
- This app features inspirational quotes and phrases that will give you additional motivation to break bad digital habits.
There’s also a cool feature called overuse reminder. This will be a great tool if you don’t want to block social networking apps but still, you need to limit your screen time.
However, there’s a huge downside: you’ll be constantly asked to grant permissions to the app. We don’t want to say that would cause a problem with security, but it can be very annoying.
By the way, it is one of the most reliable and highly rated applications.
You can download it for free. The only downside is that this app is only available for Android users.